SugarBeat Non-Invasive Glucose Monitor Coming Soon
With over 420 million diabetics worldwide and the number of pre-diabetics at almost three times this number, diabetes is a global healthcare concern.
Combining clinical research with patient-friendly technology, sugarBEATÂ® is expected to deliver an accurate, non-invasive, convenient, low cost and disposable method of tracking blood glucose for better diabetes management.
- – Reusable sensor (shown above) containing daily-disposable adhesive skin-patch
- – SugarBEATÂ® App pre-downloaded on userâ€™s smart device (watch / phone / tablet)
- – Optional sugarBEATÂ® handheld reader (applicable where user elects not to use own smart device)
How it works-:
Using a small disposable patch painlessly stuck onto a userâ€™s arm, leg or abdomen, sugarBEATÂ® measures the bodyâ€™s glucose levels via the skin.
Approximately 1mm thick, and designed to conform to the body for enhanced patient comfort and compliance, the sugarBEATÂ® patch offers a convenient way to track blood sugar levels throughout the day.
Connected to a small electronic sensor, the sugarBEATÂ® patch can take a sensor measurement every five minutes from the bodyâ€™s interstitial fluid, drawn from the skin.
This clinically relevant data can be securely streamed via Bluetooth to a pre-downloaded App on userâ€™s own smart device, and optionally forwarded onto healthcare professionals.
SugarBEATÂ® will enable diabetics to better manage their condition through a greater understanding of lifestyle factors that affect their blood glucose levels, thereby helping prevent or delay long term medical complications.
- – Market launch due early 2017 in selected countries in Europe, Asia and Middle East
- – Price will be significantly cheaper than competitor glucose monitoring products
- – Maximum patch wear time 24 hours, with glucose readings taken at five minute intervals
- – Daily-disposable format provides user flexibility over when to wear patch
- – Each patch requires one finger-prick calibration, followed by 30 min warm up period
- – For more information, please visit the sugarBEAT website by clicking here