SugarBeat Glucose Monitor Patch Update
SugarBeat pain free, non-invasive continuous glucose monitoring.
Using a small disposable patch painlessly stuck onto a user’s arm, leg or abdomen, sugarBEAT® measures the body’s glucose levels via the skin.
Approximately 1mm thick, and designed to conform to the body for enhanced patient comfort and compliance, the sugarBEAT® patch offers a convenient way to track blood sugar levels throughout the day.
Connected to a small electronic sensor, the sugarBEAT® patch can take a sensor measurement every five minutes from the body’s interstitial fluid, drawn from the skin.
This clinically relevant data can be securely streamed via Bluetooth to a pre-downloaded App on user’s own smart device, and optionally forwarded onto healthcare professionals.
SugarBEAT® will enable diabetics to achieve better glucose control through a greater understanding of lifestyle factors, thereby helping prevent or delay long term medical complications.
- – Market launch due 2017 in selected countries in Europe, Asia and Middle East
- – Price will be significantly cheaper than competitor glucose monitoring products
- – Greater user flexibility than competitor products, given daily disposable patch format (up to 24 hours wear time)
- – Non-invasive, painless and needle-free design will appeal to broader range of diabetics than competitor products
- – Each patch requires one finger-prick calibration, followed by 30 min warm up period, after which glucose readings taken at five minute intervals
- – For more information, please visit the sugarBEAT website by clicking here