SugarBEAT® Continuous Glucose Monitor For Diabetics!
With over 420 million diabetics worldwide and the number of pre-diabetics at almost three times this number, diabetes is a global healthcare concern.
Combining clinical research with patient-friendly technology, sugarBEATÂ® is expected to deliver an accurate, non-invasive, convenient, low cost and disposable method of tracking blood glucose for better diabetes management.
- – Reusable sensor (shown above) containing daily-disposable adhesive skin-patch
- – SugarBEATÂ® App pre-downloaded on userâs smart device (watch / phone / tablet)
- – Optional sugarBEATÂ® handheld reader (applicable where user elects not to use own smart device)
How it works
Using a small disposable patch painlessly stuck onto a userâs arm, leg or abdomen, sugarBEATÂ® measures the bodyâs glucose levels via the skin.
Approximately 1mm thick, and designed to conform to the body for enhanced patient comfort and compliance, the sugarBEATÂ® patch offers a convenient way to track blood sugar levels throughout the day.
Connected to a small electronic sensor, the sugarBEATÂ® patch can take a sensor measurement every five minutes from the bodyâs interstitial fluid, drawn from the skin.
This clinically relevant data can be securely streamed via Bluetooth to a pre-downloaded App on userâs own smart device, and optionally forwarded onto healthcare professionals.
SugarBEATÂ® will enable diabetics to achieve better glucose control through a greater understanding of lifestyle factors, thereby helping prevent or delay long term medical complications.
- – Market launch due 2017 in selected countries in Europe, Asia and Middle East
- – Price will be significantly cheaper than competitor glucose monitoring products
- – Greater user flexibility than competitor products, given daily disposable patch format (up to 24 hours wear time)
- – Non-invasive, painless and needle free design will appeal to broader range of diabetics than competitor products
- – Each patch requires one finger-prick calibration, followed by 30 min warm up period, after which glucose readings taken at five minute intervals
- – For more information, please visit the sugarBEAT website by clicking here